Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

low oil pressure lite & warning

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2013, 9:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oil pressure sensor/switch

Hyflyer, I presume you have a V6? I have the 3.5 flex fuel engine. The 3.9 V6 is not as common ,so I don't know much about it , but it is probably similar. if you have that. Glad I could help someone. I try to do most of my own car repairs, thus saving money that could go towards beer or other toys. LOL. Good luck, hope that does the trick. Chris
Old December 20th, 2016, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the 3.9, changing this part required a special socket and two long extensions. Put the socket on the oil pressure switch and ran the extensions across the front if the motor where I had room to turn the 3/8" ratchet. Honestly the hardest part was trying to squeeze my hands into position to reconnect the harness.
Old August 29th, 2019, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure switch

Originally Posted by J C Smith
Does anyone know the proper way to get at this sensor. I read to remove oil filter then sensor. Can't get at it from underneath. I managed to loosen it from above after removing exhaust heat shield and top motor mount. Just can't get my hand on it to remove it. I have a 27mm motorcycle axle wrench that I just barely was able to loosen it with. The problem is going to be getting the new one's threads started . I'm thinking the starter may have to come out. Any thoughts anyone? TIA Chris
All I had removed was the oil filter and the negative battery connection. You get a 27 or 24 mm socket with an extension of about 12 inches. Insert it from the Driver’s side, underneath the exhaust manifold and around the starter connections. I’d have someone underneath to guide it in.
Dont worry about getting leaverage when installing it. The torque is lower than the drain plug 12ftb.