Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Need Help! 05 Impala LS

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2012, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Help! 05 Impala LS

How is it going guys I'm new to the forum and this is my second time positing a thread for help.
I have an 05 impala ls it recently had a problem with the rpms going up and down by them selves when i start the car in the morning and after i let go of the accelerator. The car stalled twice one me one on the freeway i was driving everything seemed fine then the rpms started going up and down, i would press the gas and it gave it no power, pulled over turned the car of let it sit for about 5 min turned it on and it was fine the second time it happend it was the same way but on my way to work, when i started it the rpms didn't go up and down. A second thing is the service traction system, Abs, and check engine lights turn on and stay on. If anyone could reply back with any suggestions it would be appreciated. Had the Air Mass Flow Sensor replaced and it helped for about 6months and returned. Thank you Chevy Forum!

Last edited by _batres; October 17th, 2012 at 5:12 PM.
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

If the CEL is on go to an Autozone/O'Reilly or a shop and have the code(s) retreived. They should point you in the direction as to why your car isn't running right. If replacing the MAF solved the problem before you may want to try cleaning it and see if that works. You can get a can of MAF cleaner at the local parts store. How many miles since last tune up? The ABS/Traction lights could be on because you have a failing wheel hub (bearing). Check for up/down and side/side movement of the wheel with it off the ground. Any noticable play indicates a worn bearing and the hub assembly should be replaced.
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

So i have lifetime warranty on the MAF sensor replaced the old one, car is up and working again no problems. As for ABS i need a rear hub assembly. Thanks for the tips man helped me out alot