Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

need some advise

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2010, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advise

i need some advise

going to look at 2002 imapala today for 750. Has either blown head gasket or cracked block guy said it was blowing smoke. He doesnt know if its the 3.4 or the 3.8 and i wont know till tonight. Only reason im going to look at it is milage is 200xxx brand new transmission about 2 weeks ago put in and its on its second motor, last motor put in had around 60xxx miles on it. i know if its just dumpin the coolant thru the exhaust its better off than coolant in the oil, but what else should i look for on it and is it worth replacing the gasket or droping in new motor. I have limited funds anyways for it thats why i was thinking about replacing the gaskets and hope for the best. Really dont know the whole story yet on the car but by him suggesting i drive it home , *20 minutes * away needless to say he probally drove it home when it started to smoke
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to ad, i have swaped the 3.4s out in vans and have done the intake gaskets on them before so it aint that much more difficult to do the head gaskets