Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

nitrogen filled tires

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2007, 3:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrogen filled tires

my 07 Impala SS came with the nitrogen filled tires. Any comments from anybody that has this would be appreciated.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 4:08 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: nitrogen filled tires

So did my Tahoe. Just remember that while you can mix regular air with the nitro, its defeats the purpose. There is less moisture inside with a nitro tire. So far I like my nitro - they seem to hold pressure better.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 6:41 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Sales gimmack..... Air is mostly nitrogen anyway and the elements such as moisture, sun UV, road grime etc. attack the outside of the tire and deterioate the outside. The inside of a tire running plain air always look great as compared to the outside of the tire. Have the tire industry give us data as to how running pure nitrogen is going to extend the life of the outside of the tire where all the wear and tear takes place. Another gimmack to seperate you from your money.......
Old April 23rd, 2007, 2:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

apparently the nitro does not expand and contract as much as air.
This might be beneficial for people in COLD weather.
But in So cal?
Ive also heard of moisture getting in with air. I guess in some places so much moistuire gets in that it forms little puddles....
But for the time being I have not heard enough positive info to make me run out and pay for this...
if it comes free- fine..... but not going to pay for it.
for those of you whom the cars came with it- where your valve stem caps green?
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
CF Junior Member

I came back from the dealership today and it's funny that the tech also told me to use nitro in my tires that it does not expand and contract like regular air. He also said it cost the same as filling up on air. Might give it a try.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:43 AM
CF Junior Member

He also said it cost the same as filling up on air. Might give it a try.
I have always got my air for free.
What is the cost?
Jim
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:17 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is a huge problem in Colder climates, last few weeks we have been flooded with calls for peoples tire pressure sensors going off, AIR contracts in the cold and sets the pressure warnings off, drive it for 5 minutes and its fine as the tire warms up it expands........NITRO cures this problem, I have never heard of nitrogen from factory tho...as for cost...last time I checked AIR was free at any gas station, I thnk the garage here charges 10 bucks a tire to fill with nitrogen....in warmer climates its prolly not as useful, but in Colder like here it is a awsome
Old October 24th, 2007, 3:09 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: MalibuMaxxSS

It is a huge problem in Colder climates, last few weeks we have been flooded with calls for peoples tire pressure sensors going off, AIR contracts in the cold and sets the pressure warnings off, drive it for 5 minutes and its fine as the tire warms up it expands........NITRO cures this problem, I have never heard of nitrogen from factory tho...as for cost...last time I checked AIR was free at any gas station, I thnk the garage here charges 10 bucks a tire to fill with nitrogen....in warmer climates its prolly not as useful, but in Colder like here it is a awsome
air free where your at? Havent seen that in a loong time here. Every gas stationhere charges from .50 to .75 cents in the machines.
Old October 24th, 2007, 4:35 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: newcster68

air free where your at? Havent seen that in a loong time here. Every gas stationhere charges from .50 to .75 cents in the machines.
ARE YOU ****TING ME.....LOL .....

GOT INTERRUPTED, CUSTOMER CAME IN.....OMG I cant beleive that, I have never seen that, I dont know maybe in a big metropolis, LOL, but in our town, (pop 100,000...maybe small)and everyone town/city around here AIR is Free......maybe its just you Americans, trying to makea penny any way you can.....that is just to funny.....although we do pay almost 5 bucks a gallon for gas..... 1.19 a liter and 3.75 liters in a gallon or something like that so ya like $4.50ish....can you say RAPE
Old October 24th, 2007, 6:59 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: newcster68

ARE YOU ****TING ME.....LOL .....

GOT INTERRUPTED, CUSTOMER CAME IN.....OMG I cant beleive that, I have never seen that, I dont know maybe in a big metropolis, LOL, but in our town, (pop 100,000...maybe small)and everyone town/city around here AIR is Free......maybe its just you Americans, trying to makea penny any way you can.....that is just to funny.....although we do pay almost 5 bucks a gallon for gas..... 1.19 a liter and 3.75 liters in a gallon or something like that so ya like $4.50ish....can you say RAPE
NO I'm not shi##ing you. Been like that here uuum about the past 5 years. I think it's crap also.. your right anything for a buck. I have seen so much crap in the past 15 years but when I try voicing my opinion on any of it.. people tell me to shut up and deal with it. Like, 24 oz bottle of soda... now at $1.58. a gallon of milk $4.89 in some places more than $5. Those Nestle quick chocolate milks and strawberry. Used to be .79 cents, now $1.59.. Imso tired of companies raping the consumer.

Name:  nes1.png
Views: 70
Size:  33.0 KB Name:  lime.png
Views: 55
Size:  17.9 KB

Quick Reply: nitrogen filled tires