Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Parts

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2009, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts

Where can I get replacement parts for a 2000 Impala 3.4. I need a new heater switch/ ac. fan switch.
Gary
Old July 14th, 2009, 8:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best deal in my opiniion is your local autoparts store. Not being smart but even if you find a better deal on the internet you will still have to pay extra for shipping. By the way welcome to the forum!
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum, I am pretty picky on some parts and get certian things thru the dealer, but a part like that I would get at a local parts store as well.
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:24 AM
CF Junior Member

From my experience over the years,it pays to check both local and the web. Sometimes the part may be cheaper on the web that even with shipping it comes out less than getting it at your local parts store. Some companies that sell online have warehouse spread across the country that can ship to you cheaper and quicker than some others. Here's another thing I found out. If the online store has the option to sign up for email newsletters or your local store has a website and offers a similar option go for it. I have a separate email address I use for this sort of thing and you can get some pretty good exclusive deals such as free shipping on orders or notifications of upcoming sales, or a certain percentage off your order. These specials are usually reserved for customers who opt to receive emails from them.
Old July 15th, 2009, 1:29 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with that 100%, Shop around on the sites of all the stores, wherehouses & parts stores. It pays to Discover sometimes. But its always good to verify that the quality of the part is you want or exactly the one in the pictue you are seeing, there is alot of aftermarket crap that is out there too.
Old July 15th, 2009, 7:36 AM
Impala Super Moderator

Ebay 100%.
Whats wrong with it?
Old July 15th, 2009, 9:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Sigmond
I agree with that 100%, Shop around on the sites of all the stores, wherehouses & parts stores. It pays to Discover sometimes. But its always good to verify that the quality of the part is you want or exactly the one in the pictue you are seeing, there is alot of aftermarket crap that is out there too.
Mike makes a very good point here. Before doing business with an online retailer, do a little research into the company. There are opinion sites online where people can leave comments about experiences with doing business with a company, check those out. Ask around to other members on this site, or your friends / acquaintances for recommended vendors, check return policy for parts you receive that may not meet your expectations.I have had good luck with Rock Auto.com, and some other sites that are actually AC Delco online warehouses or GM dealer parts departments that sell online. I have found better deals on dealer items through these online GM parts depts, than my own local dealers. Also check the brand name of the item you want to purchase as those that aren't well known may be of inferior quality, and also check where the item was made. That can someimes help in determining quality as well.

Originally Posted by HotSauce6226
Ebay 100%.
Whats wrong with it?
I can think of a few things.
- higher shipping costs. I've seen items that could ship in a small envelope for a couple bucks, get shipped for $10+. Many sellers pad their shipping charges to make a higher profit.
- harder to return purchased part if it is wrong or defective. Some sellers have a no return policy which can leave you further behind than when you started.
- longer shipping times. This can be hard if you need the part within a short amount of time. Some sellers only ship out once a week, or when payment clears. Distance away from you, especially if it's cross country or out of the country can lead to longer ship times.
Don't get me wrong, eBay can be a great place to find parts, especially hard to find ones.I have bought parts for my vehicles on that site over the years also. Do some research beforehand so you'll know the seller's reputation/rating, any and all shipping charges including insurance in some cases, estimated shipping time, where part comes from (domestic or international), and return policies.
Also be aware that many sellers use stock photos in their listings so the picture you see may not be a full representation of the actual condition of the part. Counterfeit parts from China can also be an issue as they don't meet the standards set by the auto manufacturer.
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Impala Super Moderator

I meant what was wrong with the HVAC.
Old July 15th, 2009, 2:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by HotSauce6226
I meant what was wrong with the HVAC.
Sorry there. That's one problem with the Internet. It's sometimes hard to gauge what the other person is saying or meaning, especially when you can't have a conversation face-to-face and see the emotion or meaning to what they are saying.
Old July 17th, 2009, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default Heater switch

The problem I am having with it is You turn the switch / fan on and every time it does not come on for about two minutes and then it decides to come on and it does not work on no.two fan setting but all the others work. I have had this problem for a while I tried replacing it with a used one from the parts recycling place and still had the problem it would not work on no. 2 fan speed so I had gotten on another forum and they said it was the resistor so I replaced that with a resistor from advance auto and that started to do strange things some times it would work fine and other times it would not work at all so I put the old switch back in and it did not change any thing so I put the old resistor back and thats where I am now. Thinking that it is the switch. Gary

Quick Reply: Parts