Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Passlock issues - Any resolution???

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2007, 9:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passlock issues - Any resolution???

There are several post on this forum as well as others that talk about the passlock security issue being a big problem. There are talks about the fuel pump not functioning andturning the key and everthing looking good except the starter not working. Some people have been very helpful in recommending waiting 10-15 minutes to reset the passlock system or even adding remote starters or extra wires to bypass the passlock system. The only thing I havn't heard from anyone is if they took it to the dealer and actually got the problem fixed. Why should be need to work around such issues with something we paid thousands of dollars for. That just doesn't seem right. So is there anyone out there who had this issue who has actually got the problem fixed by the dealership?
Old November 9th, 2007, 7:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Passlock issues - Any resolution???

Well it looks like I may be the first. My wife said she has had enough of this head ache so we took it to the dealer last night. I will keep you posted on the details. I have heard there is a passlock sensor that is pretty commonly replaced. I guess we will find out.
Old November 21st, 2007, 5:05 AM
CF Beginner

I have been reading alot in here about this problem. Up until now I have been patient in waiting my 10 minutes to start my "02 Impala. Yesterday, I had a remote starter installed. Too many people in here have spent thousands at dealerships and nothing has worked. I'm happy to work around something I only have one payment left on..LOL. Will let you know how it works in about a week.
Old December 27th, 2007, 7:23 AM
CF Beginner

my passlock system on my 2003 chevy impala went haywire about 6 months ago. my reverse lights would'nt work my interior lights would'nt work my daytime running headlights would'nt work, and sometimes the car won't start. i always got around it by dissconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes or pushing in the parking brake till it clicks once then turning the key to the on position and the security light will flash on and off for about ten minutes. after thr security light stays on solid or disappears you can turn the key off then start it. but after six months of that i finally took it to my dealer where they said the body control module was bad. so i had it replaced cost about 400 with labor. the car drove fine for about 3 weeks and now sometimes it won't start again, but i'm not having the same problems. the only thing thats happening now is everytime i shut the car off i have to do the parking brake thing and wait ten minutes before it will start. i callede back to the dealer today 12/27/2007. and i take it in tomorrow for a second time keep ya posted on the results.
Old December 27th, 2007, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Well, here I am again. Just to announce that since I had a remote starter installed in my 2002 Impala I have had no problems starting it. Even when I forget to put the key in it before touching the brake...LOL. Just so you know Eric...You probably don't have to do the "brake" thing. Just wait the 10 minutes, always worked for me. I was willing to wait 10 minutes every time until I heard about the remote starter working. It's been over a month and this sucker starts every time and I'm lovin it. I just made the last payment on this car and now I plan to keep it until I run it in the ground. (remote starter has a lifetime guarantee..hehe) Good luck at the dealership but I'd put my money in the remote starter first. Let us know what happens!! Happy New Year Ya'll!!
Old December 31st, 2007, 3:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear it worked for you too. I've had mine overa year now, and estimate 1500 to 1700
starts, it is running 100%...Guaranteed start every time. Plus it's nice when it gets -20...