Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Please Help Me Diagnose My 07 Impala !!! Service Traction Control/Brake Assist

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2014, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Me Diagnose My 07 Impala !!! Service Traction Control/Brake Assist

Hello Everyone,

First off, I want to in advance thank anyone who attempts to help me diagnose this reoccurring issue with my 2007 Chevy Impala LS.

So, to describe what the issue is, I have to start by saying this is something that has been happening for the past 3-4 months and it has been becoming more and more frequent. Also, I have taken my vehicle to the local Chevy dealership TWICE and they weren't able to diagnose the issue!

Ok, so the issue ONLY happens when I start my vehicle, it has never happened to me while I am already driving. I start my vehicle, and immediately "Service Traction Control" and "Service Brake Assist" begin intermittently flashing on my dash along with the Traction Control light and the ABS light. Also, at certain points when the lights are flashing all of the gauges (Engine Temp, Fuel, and RPM's) will drop and rise, drop and rise, and while this is happening I can hear the engine making noises as if i were driving.

Now the weirdest part, which didnt happent the most recent time, is the locks will also begin to start locking at random will, multiple times even if they are already locked, they will just repeatedly keep trying to lock.

Lastly,when this issue occurs when I start my vehicle, if I try to drive it, you can tell the transmission is not corresponding properly when I accelerate, such as delayed acceleration and you can also feel the transmission shifting gears very roughly.

Like I said, I have brought it to the dealership TWICE but they weren't able to replicate the issue so they couldnt diagnose it for me They told me over 20 codes showed up the one time they were able to pull codes from it, so I don't know what to do at this point.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Anthony
Old May 10th, 2014, 3:59 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Anthony,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Impala. I would like to look into this further for you with your Chevrolet dealership. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care