Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Please Help! Tons of codes!

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2019, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help! Tons of codes!

I recently bought a 2002 Chevy Impala LS. It is my second car to own and already is a lot better than my other car ever was. Im running into a lot more codes than my other car had ever given me. The list below:

B2618- Passenger Compartment Dimming 1 Circuit High
B2655- Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 Circuit High
B3128- Driver Door Unlock Output Short to Battery
C1266- Right Front Excessive Wheel Speed Sensor Variation
C1233- Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open or Shorted
C1245- Low Tire Pressure Detected
P0102B- Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
P0102- Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

I have already investigated and have what I need to fix codes P0102B, P0102, and C1245. I listed all the codes just in case they are somehow related.
My main issues are that the codes being there bother me. I know that the Traction Control is prone to problems and all but I hope I can be informed here on what to do about that and the other codes. I have researched for hours and cannot find very much help. Please help! Thanks!
Old April 4th, 2019, 9:51 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a similar problem with my 2001 Impala LS. I was randomly getting error codes for headlight circuit high, horn circuit shorted and low tire pressure detected. It happening randomly until I figured out it was only when my wife drove the car. I asked her to show me what her routine was. It turns out she was using the remote to lock the car. So when the remote was used to lock it chirped the horn and flashed the lights. I replaced the body control module and all was well after that.
You may want to check the battery as well to see if it is on the way out and see if there is any corrosion on the battery terminals.
Old April 5th, 2019, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for your reply

Originally Posted by Frank3
I had a similar problem with my 2001 Impala LS. I was randomly getting error codes for headlight circuit high, horn circuit shorted and low tire pressure detected. It happening randomly until I figured out it was only when my wife drove the car. I asked her to show me what her routine was. It turns out she was using the remote to lock the car. So when the remote was used to lock it chirped the horn and flashed the lights. I replaced the body control module and all was well after that.
You may want to check the battery as well to see if it is on the way out and see if there is any corrosion on the battery terminals.
Did you have to go to the dealership to get the body control module replaced and reprogrammed? And if so how much did it cost you?
Old April 11th, 2019, 6:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I drove it to the dealer, had them supply the BCM, install it and program it to the car. Funny thing, it was the same dealer who tried to fix it previously and "adjusted the horn and headlight wiring and reseated the horn relay" on their first attempt. When my wife came home with the car after that visit, I looked at the repair order, made note of the error codes they found in the car when they scanned it, and then dug into my copy of the service manual to confirm my findings from what I found with my wife's routine. When she went back with it, I had her tell them to replace the BCM. They asked, what makes you think you need the BCM replaced? I told my wife ahead of time to tell then by the error codes. Dealer asked what error codes. My wife then told them, why the error codes that you printed off on the repair order the last time we had the car in your shop for repair of this problem. They never gave her a hard time again!

Last edited by Frank3; April 11th, 2019 at 6:24 PM.