Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Review of the 2014 Impala

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2012, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of the 2014 Impala

Anyone excited for the 2014 Impala?

Here's a great review of the car:

Styling: The Impala has a long, low profile that gives the appearance of motion even when it's sitting still. It's a sleek car that has a very aesthetically pleasing design, but still maintains the Impala look.

Powertrains: The 2014 model has three powertrain options. There is a 2.4L Ecotec engine that uses eAssist to help conserve gas under certain conditions. This engine has 182hp and is expected to get 35 mpg on the highway. The 2.5L Ecotec is a four-cylinder engine that produces 195 hp. The third and most powerful engine option is a 3.6L v6 with an impressive 303 hp. All of the engines sport a 6 speed automatic transmission.

Interior: The Impala uses premium materials throughout its interior, such as high quality fabric, Ultrasuede, and perforated leather appointments. The seats have great support and the cushions have a firm feel that is optimal for comfortability.

Safety: The Impala features a number of safety features and are firsts for the Chevrolet. One of these great safety features is a full-speed-range adaptive cruise control. This system uses radar to sense traffic and adjust the vehicle's speed. It can even stop traffic in heavy traffic and accelerate again. This is basically to the point where the driver just needs to steer the car. The Car also utilizes collision mitigation braking. A radar can detect possible collision threats and that alerts the driver. If the driver doesn't acknowledge the alert, the car steps in and will apply the brakes itself.

if you're interested in reading anymore
Old December 25th, 2012, 1:49 AM
CF Beginner

I'm looking to trade in my '09 Impala for a '12 or '13 Impala because the '14 looks like a cross between a Buick and a whale. The high belt line does not impress me either.

Either Edmunds or Car And Driver estimate the new LTZ will sell for over $40K. That's nuts! I wouldn't pay $40K for an Impala. I could see that amount being charged for a Buick or Caddy but not an Impala. I don't need all of the fluff they're going to put on the '14. I want a basic car without navigation, backup cameras or alert beeps. This looks to be my last chance to get a GM without all of that stuff.
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Craigmeister
I'm looking to trade in my '09 Impala for a '12 or '13 Impala because the '14 looks like a cross between a Buick and a whale. The high belt line does not impress me either.

Either Edmunds or Car And Driver estimate the new LTZ will sell for over $40K. That's nuts! I wouldn't pay $40K for an Impala. I could see that amount being charged for a Buick or Caddy but not an Impala. I don't need all of the fluff they're going to put on the '14. I want a basic car without navigation, backup cameras or alert beeps. This looks to be my last chance to get a GM without all of that stuff.
I agree Craigmeister. That high belt line reminds me of a Taurus. A whale without a tail look. This is one of the many reasons I have kept my 2010 LTZ and 2008 9C3. Great cars, no problems.
Old June 21st, 2013, 2:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Impala has a great side profile and just enough brightwork.

You should take a second look! Side of new Impala has great retro lines of a 1967 Impala. I have owned 4 Audis and 4 Impalas and can say without any doubt this 2014 Impala is equal and better in many ways. Audi makes a great car and when the warranty ends you have to empty your wallet for routine service and repairs. GM has turned itself around with many great new cars and for that I'm glad to be part of the new GM. Also the LTZ starts at around 35k not the 40k you mentioned above.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Plus, only the 2014 makes popcorn!!