Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

rocker arm torque specs

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2008, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocker arm torque specs

Hi, new to forum;

I am replacing the upper and lower intake gaskets on my 02 Impala, 3.4 L V-6 and got it all apart before realizing that I will have to remove push rods and re-torgue rocker arms on re-assembly. I need the torque specs on the rocker arms so that I can put it back together right, library closed today so this is my only option at present to get it back together and running to go to work tomorrow. thanxz, appreciate any response. bob
Old January 28th, 2008, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: rocker arm torque specs

OK,
not finding much help here or at the library. Found Chilton's 2004 GM manual but it has two different torque specs for the rocker arms:

Under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION OF ROCKER ARMS: item 4 states on reassembly to tighten the rocker arm bolts to 14 ft lbs (19Nm) plus 30 degrees.

Under removal and replacng intake manifold gasket item 6 on reinstall says to torque the rocker arm bolts to 89 inch lbs (10Nm) plus 30 degrees.

Does 14 ft lbs equal 89 inch lbs? if so why are the Nm numbers different?
any help out there?
Old February 20th, 2017, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

am replacing the upper and lower intake gaskets on my 06 Impala, 3.9 L V-6 and got it all apart before realizing that I will have to remove push rods and re-torgue rocker arms on re-assembly. I need the torque specs on the rocker arms so that I can put it back together right, this is my only option at present to get it back together and running to go to work tomorrow. thanxz, appreciate any response