Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

seat auto memory recall positions

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2014, 6:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've figured this out. Indeed one key-fob corresponds to memory position #1, and the other fob is #2. The system decides which memory position to auto-recall based on which one unlocks the car! If you don't lock the car very often, it will use what ever memory position was last used to unlock the car, which is why you might have the correct key-fob in your pocket, but the auto-memory recall goes to the other memory position. The solution is to just be sure to lock, then unlock your car using the keyless button on the outside of the door or the unlock button on your key-fob before starting the car. Hope this helps.
Old December 14th, 2014, 8:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bnelson973, thanks, this clears up a lot.I was wondering how the system would operate or decide which remote to listen to or which settings to use if both my wife and I were in the Impala at the same time before it was started. With our Impala, my wife drives it primarily to work, and I am the occasional or secondary driver when I can get to drive it.