Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Sometimes car does not start

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2011, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sometimes car does not start

I have a 03 chevy impala and it starts up good in the morning.It seems like after i drive for a while and the car gets hot,it would not start back up.I have to give it gas to start.Anyone has the same problem?
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

it could be the ignition control module they stop working correctly after getting hot when they are going out. autozone can check it if you remove it from your car and take it in to them. it is located under the ign coils where spark plug wires go from engine and normaly have two small bolts on each of the three coils remove all three then unplug wiring from ign control module. leave spark plug wires on coils and carefuly mark where coils go. any numbering order that you can remember
Old October 12th, 2011, 4:32 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah, it sounds like a common problem. If it's similar, then it may be resolved by adjusting the throttle before the engine cut. It is clearly the fuel of carbohydrates. Anyway, help me SIII first crank start.
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marryrojer
Yeah, it sounds like a common problem. If it's similar, then it may be resolved by adjusting the throttle before the engine cut. It is clearly the fuel of carbohydrates. Anyway, help me SIII first crank start.
Quit posting gibberish and go away. Kindly take the ridiculous hyperlink in your signature with you.