Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Steering wheel feels like it slips when turning

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2010, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel feels like it slips when turning

So I just bought an '06 impala and I really do like it, but whenever I seem to be turning at speeds over 40 mph the steering wheel feels like it slips a bit from where I have it turned but then re catches. It does it all the time in very quick intervals. Is this normal for my car to do at all? I looked online for recall information and the only thing I could find was a recall on a steering knuckle. When I contacted the company issuing the recall they said the part they were recalling was aftermarket and that I wasnt affected by it. So can anyone help shed any bit of light onto my problem?
Old March 23rd, 2010, 8:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cousin just took his 07 to the dealer for a steering problem and the dealer fixed it for nothing. They told him that GM was fixing the problem for vehicles with under 100K. It sounds similar to your problem.