Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Tire Pressure for 2007 IMpala SS?

Old March 18th, 2007, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure for 2007 IMpala SS?

Manual says tires should be 32psi all for all. Some sites have said that 32psi is too low and others have said that the front should be 2psi higher than the rear for the front wheel drive 2007 Impala SS. Anyone have experience or recommendation for correct psi?,,,thnx
Old March 19th, 2007, 3:32 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Tire Pressure for 2007 IMpala SS?

The drivers side door sticker on my 06 SS indicates 30 psi for all 4 tires, but I think that is to low and run 35 psi in all thetires. The door sticker will tell you tire pressures and other stuff relevent to your own car. It seemed to help the gas mileage just a little bit. Are you having any problems with range on your remote control and remote start? I'm down to about 20-30 feet at best and they advertise it to work up to 200 ft. but mine has never worked over 50 ft. Let me know, if you would, my car is in the dealership now and I'm trying to get them to fix it.
Old March 19th, 2007, 4:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

art is correct, its in your drivers door jamb for recommended PSI. I have been told to not go over 10% of recommended PSI.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response. The tire pressure on the placard says 32 psi for front and back tires. I feel that's a little low......I will try 35psi for awhile. I have only had my SS since 2/27/07 and so far havent had any problem with range for the remote locks or the remote starter although its not anywhere near 200'.....more like 75'. let me know how you make out at the dealer...thnx again
Old March 19th, 2007, 6:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we picked up our 07 on march 5. it has a build date of Feb 12. our remote and related stuff is working fine.
do you know if your car was recently delivered to dealer or had been sitting around?
Old March 19th, 2007, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Mine was sitting at a dealer...build date was 11/06. I really have enjoyed mine for the short time that I have owned it........ I find excuses to drive it.
Old March 20th, 2007, 1:21 AM
art
CF Junior Member

If you are new to driving an SS, be careful the first time you really floor board it!! Have it pointed in a straight line and hang on as the torque steer is a little surprising until you get used to it. Hard acceleration while turning can be scary.The car handles a lot differently during hard acceleration fromeither a dead stop or slow speed start depending on wheather the "Traction Control" is on or off. With "Traction Control" off it will really burn up the tires, but probably doesn't accelerate any faster or as fast as it does with "Traction Control" on. We had an ice storm last month and the "Traction Control" on ice was great. I accelerated hard one time to see what it would do and the engine barely speeded up and the tires hardly spun at all, even on 100% ice. It very smoothly accelerated up to 25 mph at which time I let off of it because it wasn't safe beyond that speed on the ice.Great traction on the ice, even on hills, rear wheel cars won't do that.
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the heads up. I have been running with traction control off....seems to reduce torque steer and handle better, but then we don't have too many ice storms in Florida. What pressure are you running in your tires?
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:45 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Rbrow53 I'm running 35 psi. Looked at my door sticker again and it indicates 32 psi not 30 psi as I put in a previous post. If these tires are like most tires they are good up to 44 psi if needed, but that is not needed on the Impala because there is not that much weight. I have a couple of utility trailers that have auto type tires and they all indicate they are good up to 44 psi and that is where I run them because of the weight I carry in them and have not had a problem doing so.
Old March 21st, 2007, 3:02 AM
CF Beginner

Art, did you notice any improvement in handling or the ride when you raised the pressure to 35psi? Mine feels a little soft when I take corners a little fast...thnx

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Pressure for 2007 IMpala SS?