Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Trac off/service traction system/ABS lights

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2015, 11:20 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe the problem wasn't the sensor but intermittent wiring connecting to the sensor. Those sections of wire that run along the control arms have been known to be problematic. The kits GM sell, replaces the whole stub of wiring from the connector that the sensor plugs into all the way back to a solid immovable point on the frame. It includes all push type fasteners, BUT the old harness needs to be cut off and the new one connected to the main harness. I soldered min in place and used shrink tubing to seal the connection.
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent info!!! Thanks!
Old April 1st, 2019, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the front-right wheel hub assembly in hopes of making my ABS light go off on my 2005 Terraza, but the light did not go off. I checked the wiring from the sensor connector up to the front up near the oil filter. Some one had previously cut the wires and had used a crimp to reconnect them. There was also another break in the white wire. I soldered both of those connections and later figured out the white wire was not connected inside the connector to the hub assembly. I ended up pulling out the white wire from the connector and ran a whole new wire from the connector to up near the oil filter and soldered it back in. The white wire is still there but not in use now. The ABS light has finally turned off! I think it has been on for over a year.