Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Traction control module and stability track service

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2023, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control module and stability track service

Hi my tracks control module and stability track service light was going off on my 2013 Chevy Impala champion Chevrolet in Reno Nevada having a car for 3 months taking it apart to find out what was wrong with it come to find out it was a transmission control module cost me a lot of money to get it fixed then 6 months later the head gaskets and water pump went out and my car only overheated one time now they are trying to charge me another $5600 to fix it when I believe it wasn't put back together right and now they're holding my car hostage for $200 for them looking at it I would like somebody to investigate and look into this because I believe my car was not put back together correctly, because my fluids were checked regularly I just had an oil change done and then my car breaks down, I truly believe that my car was not put back together correctly and now they're trying to charge me a lot more money to fix it I believe this was done on purpose. I contacted the corporate office of GM and talk to them and nothing's been done here it is 8 months later and they still have my car

Last edited by RoZeVeeZie; August 26th, 2023 at 4:31 PM. Reason: Left out a lot of the stuff I wanted to post
Old August 26th, 2023, 4:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

what would you like us to do?

I don't see what transmission modules have to do with head gaskets.
Old August 26th, 2023, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default They couldn't find what was wrong with the car

They had my car for over 3 months going through the car taking it apart to find out what was wrong with it I believe when they put the car back together they didn't put it back together right
​​​​​​, finally the reason why the stabilitrac and traction control services lights came on , the re programmed it but it wasn't fixed so they took my whole car apart trying to find the problem

Last edited by RoZeVeeZie; August 26th, 2023 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old August 26th, 2023, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default That's what it has to do with it

They couldn't figure out why that stuff was going off and finally after 3 months of them taking my car apart and testing every component every wire everything on it they found it was the transmission control module all the way at the bottom of the car inside of the transmission they had to take my whole car apart to figure out the problem and I believe when they put it back together they didn't do it right
Old August 26th, 2023, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
what would you like us to do?

I don't see what transmission modules have to do with head gaskets.
And I believe it's the water pump gasket for the water pump , , and I'm not asking you for anything I'm asking gm
Old August 26th, 2023, 7:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by RoZeVeeZie
I'm asking gm
We are not GM. This is a public forum for fellow GM owners to help each other out.

You can contact GM here: https://www.chevrolet.com/contact/call-us

Originally Posted by RoZeVeeZie
They had my car for over 3 months
WHO had you car?
You should probably work it out with the shop.

If I were you I wouldn't go making accusations without proof though. If you're convinced, then take it to another shop you trust, and have them inspect and put their findings on paper.

Not much else we can do for you I think. This is between you and your shop, and if it comes to it, lawyers.

Your car is FAR out of warranty and GM will probably tell you as much.