Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Violent Vibration During Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2012, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Violent Vibration During Acceleration

I have found several forums discussion Impalas with CV Axle vibration and engine vibration during acceleration, but no posts like mine.

My Impala is a 2001 (Police Model) with a 3800 engine and 60,000 miles.

I am having violent vibration only when accelerating. It previously only happened when revving in park, but now it is any time I press the gas. One problem was my MAF sensor. That is fixed, but it continues to vibrate when accelerating at any speed. It was so bad the other day I had to get off the freeway and take back roads. We got it lifted up to check the CV axles and they are both tight and fairly new.

I then took it back to the freeway and the vibration was completely gone. Now it came back the other day and has not stopped. I have put 3 transmissions in this car in under 3,000 miles and each time it was the torque converter blown to pieces after similar violent vibration, but this time it is a totally different feel.

I have no idea what to try next. This car has costed me thousands, but I need it for the gas mileage compared to my truck. Chevy certainly doesn't build Impalas like their Silverados! It may be cheaper to drive my Silverado with it's 6.0 engine since it never breaks down! Any help is appreciated!
Old October 5th, 2019, 12:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggie329
I have found several forums discussion Impalas with CV Axle vibration and engine vibration during acceleration, but no posts like mine.

My Impala is a 2001 (Police Model) with a 3800 engine and 60,000 miles.

I am having violent vibration only when accelerating. It previously only happened when revving in park, but now it is any time I press the gas. One problem was my MAF sensor. That is fixed, but it continues to vibrate when accelerating at any speed. It was so bad the other day I had to get off the freeway and take back roads. We got it lifted up to check the CV axles and they are both tight and fairly new.

I then took it back to the freeway and the vibration was completely gone. Now it came back the other day and has not stopped. I have put 3 transmissions in this car in under 3,000 miles and each time it was the torque converter blown to pieces after similar violent vibration, but this time it is a totally different feel.

I have no idea what to try next. This car has costed me thousands, but I need it for the gas mileage compared to my truck. Chevy certainly doesn't build Impalas like their Silverados! It may be cheaper to drive my Silverado with it's 6.0 engine since it never breaks down! Any help is appreciated!

Holy crap, no one answered in almost 8 years?