Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Voice Pass Through -> '14 2LTZ-> Not

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2015, 10:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pigeonjpchevy2014silverado
Did anyone ever get any further on this? I severely miss this feature it used to work great on my 2009 silverado and now on my 2014 silverado, nothing, zippo. It just doesn't pass the bluetooth through to the phone. With my 2009 I used multiple different phones with custom roms all the time it was never an issue I just made sure I had the Klets app installed and after I hit the button on the steering wheel and said bluetooth > voice the klets app was ready to take any command I sent to it.
I talked to mylink support multiple times and each rep said it should definitely work. When I went to the dealership and told them about the issue and they just looked at my sideways.
I'm having same luck as you.

As well, I miss having the system read texts out to me.
Old July 15th, 2015, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

That's unfortunate!! So I'm not sure if it will solve the issue but I've been exploring upgrading my head unit to an aftermarket one that supports Android Auto. It will definitely provide access to more apps I'm just not 100% sure yet of if it will totally support the BT pass-thru. Also I think I may have to wait for the price to come down a little and try to make sure I find a manufacturer that will supply software updates unlike friggin GM.
Old July 15th, 2015, 12:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's unfortunate!! So I'm not sure if it will solve the issue but I've been exploring upgrading my head unit to an aftermarket one that supports Android Auto. It will definitely provide access to more apps I'm just not 100% sure yet of if it will totally support the BT pass-thru. Also I think I may have to wait for the price to come down a little and try to make sure I find a manufacturer that will supply software updates unlike friggin GM.
Good luck replacing the head-unit, if you have a 2014-15 Impala. It is just a motorized screen in a non standard opening. The actual guts of the system are in the dash somewhere. I have found no aftermarket support for this car. Removing the screen will eliminate the ability to change any of the vehicle settings as it it is routed through the electronics in the dash. GM has made it virtually impossible to install a aftermarket head-unit.
Old July 15th, 2015, 12:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Please keep this thread posted.
Old July 15th, 2015, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Impala-Blue-2.
Good luck replacing the head-unit, if you have a 2014-15 Impala. It is just a motorized screen in a non standard opening. The actual guts of the system are in the dash somewhere. I have found no aftermarket support for this car. Removing the screen will eliminate the ability to change any of the vehicle settings as it it is routed through the electronics in the dash. GM has made it virtually impossible to install a aftermarket head-unit.
That's good to know, I have a 2014 silverado but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.
Old July 15th, 2015, 2:20 PM
CF Junior Member

You know, it seems to me that GM is missing a potential profit opportunity by not offering upgrades to the softwre in the unit.

I'd be willing to pay upgrade cost to get new features as they would come available.

I'm thinking some other auto mfgrs may be doing this...although I could be wrong. Seems I've read of it.