Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Warning! Potential dangerous problem.

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2014, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To both of the people in this thread who are having this problem-I have had both the gas pedal sensor replaced AND the whole throttle body replaced and the whole engine shut down just happened to me again-this is the 6TH TIME. I have been in contact with GM Customer Care and my car is at a dealer today, so I am hoping something good will come out of this. #terrifiedtodrivemymalibu#
Old May 9th, 2014, 8:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

As a follow-up, I filed a written complaint with GM customer service and got nothing. I don't think the person who called was even in the U.S. - probably India. They didn't know what I was talking about when I referred to I-75 traffic, Atlanta traffic, etc. They said they had no records of a problem such as I described. What a bunch of c**p!
I then addressed a complaint to the CEO of GM, Mary T. Barra. A few days later I received a call from her representative, Dorthea. We had a few phone calls back and forth. She asked me specifically what I wanted and I said a recall to reprogram the cars' computers to eliminate the shut down procedure. She said they have no records of evidence of such a problem! She also said that my pedal position sensor was replaced and I show no further problems so my problem is over. Have a nice evening!
I am now preparing email with all this info to send to a newspaper columnist who writes about cars. I hope it will get his attention so he'll write about it. Maybe some public exposure will get GM action.
Old May 15th, 2014, 9:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Don't know if it will help, but today I sent an EMail to the Associated Press (AP) about this problem and included links to the posts in this and the Malibu forums about the problem. I also included links to the NHTSA web site and all the complaints there. It appears the problem covers 2008-2011 Impalas, Malibus, and some Equinoxes. I also mentioned how complaints to GM were responded to with something like "it's not a problem." I stressed that any recall should include reprogramming the computer to eliminate the full, no warning, shutdown.
Maybe some media coverage will get GM's attention???
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Not a problem, huh?

Thanks Jimk. Well, on my lunch break today, lo and behold, it all happened again. Reduced engine power, car shaking violently, traction control light, check engine light, the whole bit. I am dropping it off to the dealer tonight-the one who last claimed to have fixed it. We will see what happens. It doesn't matter how many times they "fix" it, I am driving a death trap. How did you email the AP? Maybe it would help if I did as well. My case seems to be one of the most constantly recurring situations I have seen-this will make number 8.
Old May 16th, 2014, 3:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by greenfield3
Thanks Jimk. Well, on my lunch break today, lo and behold, it all happened again. Reduced engine power, car shaking violently, traction control light, check engine light, the whole bit. I am dropping it off to the dealer tonight-the one who last claimed to have fixed it. We will see what happens. It doesn't matter how many times they "fix" it, I am driving a death trap. How did you email the AP? Maybe it would help if I did as well. My case seems to be one of the most constantly recurring situations I have seen-this will make number 8.
I looked at their web site under "contact." The only email address I found was info@ap.org I hope it gets to someone who might do something.