Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Water in Passenger floorboard

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2007, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Passenger floorboard

I have an 04 Impala SS. I first noticedthepassenger floorboard wet during a rain. I thought it was the seal on the windshield. I took it out todayand it hasn't rained in a week. It was 90 degrees and I noticed water runningdown the passenger side carpet into the floorboard. Does this sound like a problem with the A/C system?

-Thanks
Old August 8th, 2007, 4:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Water in Passenger floorboard

What most likely has happened is that the rubber weatherstripping under the plastic @ the base of the windshield has slid off. If you remove the wipers and that plastic, underneath you will find the spot where fresh air for the interior cab comes in, theres a air filter and likely a piece of rubber(about 12" to 18" long)that will need to be glued to the small metal edge just above the hole where the air filter is. It acts like a diverter to foce water out of that area. Just had the same problem on a Buick that I own. I just used clear silicone to re-glue it on. Easy fix, hardest part is removing the plastic retainers GM uses to hold down the plastic (at base of windshield) so as not to distroy them. You have to get the center plug pulled up before you can pull out the whole retainer, you'll see what I mean. Doubt it's windshield leaking unless it was just replaced, they glue them in real well now days. Good luck.