New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2012 Equinox wet floorboard

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Equinox wet floorboard

Hi all,
I just bought a new 2012 Chevy Equinox and I've noticed that my driver side floor board is soaking wet! This has happened on multiple occasions. I've taken it in to have it checked and they've done extensive water testing and found no external leak and say they can't help me. To me this means that there is something internal leaking. There is no smell or color to the liquid so I'm pretty sure it's just water but what could possibly be leaking?? I'm so frustrated as this is a BRAND NEW CAR!
Any suggestions would be amazing.
Thanks!
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If yours came with a sunroof, a drain hose may be disconnected. The sunroof usually has a drain hose at each corner. The front ones terminate at the front hinge pillar on the same side, i.e., front driver corner drains to front driver hinge pillar. You can open the sunroof and then carefully poor some water into the passenger side drain channel and look where it comes out. Do the same to the driver side. I suspect it won't come out where it's supposed to do on the driver side.
Old September 24th, 2018, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings, I am having the same issue with my 2012 Equinox. I took my car into have the windshield replaced. The next time it rained I had a wet floor on the drivers side. I took it back to where I had the windshield replaced and I found that the drain line down the "A" Post must have been pulled. They denied they did it but I did not have any issues prior. Regardless I am trying to fix now. The rubber grommet that connects the drain line to fire wall came out of the firewall. I cannot fit my fingers or hands in the space to re-attach / push back in the grommet. Any suggestions to how? It appears to me that I may have to take out dash to repair. Any help would be greatly appreciated.