Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

window trim/molding milky stain

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2018, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window trim/molding milky stain

2014 Impala LT

Does anyone else having this problem????

Last edited by donner1954; August 23rd, 2018 at 7:58 AM.
Old February 21st, 2019, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. It seems to be the same problem that aging brings to the protective coating applied to the metal trim during manufacture. GM has had this issue for years. My '79 Monte Carlo trim was clouded and milky looking as well. The only fix I know for this is to have the protective coating (almost like an anodized coating) removed. However, you then must constantly keep the metal trim polished or it will began to corrode.

I also found several protectant products that will hide the milky appearance when applied but the duration of the product was always short lived, rain or the morning dew would always wash it off and streak the paint.

This is just my experience and if any other suggestions exist, I would welcome them!