Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 impala LTZ pearl white

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2013, 1:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 impala LTZ pearl white

hello everyone, I like to discuss something I have found out about my new car.
Let me start with coments about my new car has given me such a laugh, the gate guards on base constantly say she's really pretty and the brothers say that my interior is better looking then cadillac mine is the black and mojave. The v6 has plenty of power, and I have made the 20' break ground. Now that I have told you the good part, let discuss some of the problems I have found, first the transmission really sucks or is just annoying. most of my driving is done in the range of 40mph. because of the base so the constant slowing down and thecar downshifting is really bad from the range between 28 and 24 mph gear downshift really jerks, the 11 to 9 mph which the last downshift will sometime drop and the applied brake pressure is to much so the stopping is just rough. I have slowdown to turn and when speed drop below 11 mph and I then excelerate there is nothing there the gear is to low and the power is a catch up situation. I could on and will tomorrow The steering is somewhat crazy as well.
Old December 16th, 2013, 1:16 AM
CF Junior Member

I can't speak much on the transmission, as I only got to drive my car for two days, but I know the feeling of the compliments like you are getting from the gate guards. I got quite a bit of stares while I was driving it and my wife tells me all the time that people are telling her how nice of a car it is.
Got a story for you though:
I was hoping to turn a lot of heads when I signed for it. I thought 'Man, people are gonna be surprised seeing this rolling around (as no one in the area had one yet).' Sure there are a ton of nice cars in that town; my old apartment neighbor was a Vietnam vet and had a nice Jag, a couple people in my old squadron had some higher-end BMWs, a couple contractors had some nice Audis, and the CC of the dental squadron had a Lotus. But no one had seen an Impala yet. The new Malibus were everywhere, but there was a serious lack of NEW Impalas (I did drive up to NC for an Iron Maiden concert and passed a ton of old Impalas but nary a new one was spotted over the course of six hours of highway driving. I also went home to KC to see my family for a week and didn't see a single one there either, just Malibus all over the place).
I didn't expect what actually happened upon taking possession of it though. I'm driving away from the dealership, feeling amazing that the purchase went so smoothly and I finally had a car I could be proud of. I'm driving parallel to the base there and get up close to the gate. As I am passing the entrance and continuing on down the road, a Lambo pulls off base and shoots past me. I gave a loud Gob-from-Arrested-Development-style "COME ON...!"
I told my buddy about it when he got off work and came by to check out the car. He responded "Oh yeah, I forgot to ever tell you about that. So since you've been gone, the story is: Someone PCSd and owns a Lambo, probably 3rd Army. Kind of old news, we've all gotten over it already."

Absolutely could not believe it.
Can't wait to get back and drive it though. Especially because every time my wife calls, she is telling me about how all the dudes who are eying the car all the time are also eying and flirting with her.
I still won't be able to impress too many people though, not if I get the new job in the area of the country I am hoping for. The high concentration of academies, contracting companies, and bases will mean that there is a large amount of contractors, GSs, and officers. I doubt I will be showing anybody up.

EDIT: And also, nice pick with the Pearl White. I am not a fan of white cars in general and would not have gotten that color, but I have to admit that it looks really sharp. I went with the Blue Ray Metallic; the color reminds me of an old Thunderbird that my mother used to own. I wanted the Blue Topaz, but my wife didn't like that light of a color and it was hard to find one too. I already had to settle for not being able to find one with the options I wanted AND that had 20s and adaptive cruise control; I figured I could deal with a darker blue over a red or gray or something.

Last edited by EYEL1NER; December 16th, 2013 at 1:30 AM.
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default The White Diamond Pearl looks amazing

I absolutely love my 2014 Impala LTZ in White Diamond Pearl Tricoat! It has the Jet Black/Titanium leather interior. I have added Navy Blue Metallic pinstripes to the car to accent my personalized US Navy blue front license plate.