K5 Blazer 1969-1994
While this model ended its run, it is not uncommon to see them on the road or off, years after production end.
Platform: Truck, GMT 400

bumper swap

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2009, 9:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a problem pete,,,i will help in any way i can....so now you got me interested in what you will be yearing into this winter?lift???lockers?

red
Old September 25th, 2009, 11:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this winter I'm gonna save a crap load of money for the parts I want in the spring. I'm hoping to get my 4000 stall converter for my th400, my 14 bolt rear axle for the rear, maybe 4.88 gears, and i'm deff looking into a lift. theres a local junk yard that has a 1987 k5 blazer with a 4in suspension lift. They only wan't 200 bucks for it, i'm thinking I might go with that for a temporary lift and see if i can find some desent (33"s or hopefully i can squeeze some 35's) from craigslist.

But i'm not sure about the lift yet...I might wait till summer and just get my 6in. Plus i might bring it into the garage this winter for some body work. The rear passenger quarter needs to be replaced, body mounts should be replaced, and the doors and fenders have to be taken off to get my alignment just right. Come spring time I'll prob have my buddy who works at a paint shop throw a cheap coat of black on it.

I got tons of plans, but we'll see what actually happens....For now my "lincoln locker" will have to do.

Last edited by frickenbored; September 25th, 2009 at 11:42 AM.