Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

'04 malibu - weird onboard computer issues

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '04 malibu - weird onboard computer issues

mybad man.. meant to say that the batteries could be dead. or u need to have the fobs reprogrammed. sorry for my typo
Old September 2nd, 2007, 5:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Gotcha .[8D]
Old September 6th, 2007, 8:19 PM
CF Active Member

Old November 8th, 2007, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: chrisg123

I have a 2004 Chevorlet Malibu that has been doing some odd things lately.

Before when using the remote control for your keychain to lock and unlock the doors, the malibu did so without a sound (except the unlocking sound),
now everytime i click the lock or unlock buttons, the horn beeps once.

also the anti theift system on the car is triggered randomly every month. I've monitored very closely if there was a door no properly closed or a window open, yet randomly my anti theift system triggers and i am forced to leave my key in the ignition for 10 mins for it to reset.

are there any forums experts that can shed any light on what i can do to fix these odd issues??
I have an '04 Tahoe that is doing almost the same thing (the horn beeps when locking/unlocking remotely, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THAT DISABLED in the DIC).

Lately, it seems that it is adding more horn honks as time goes on. I think it's up to 4 or 5 honks now when I use the remote to lock or unlock the doors. Anybody heard of that? Is there a way to clear the whole DIC and start it over? I though maybe disconnecting the battery for an hour or so might help. I haven't tried that yet. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old March 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default maxx 05

I have similar problem. Chevrolet Malibu MAXX 05 Alarm goes off with no reason very randomly but really annoying!!? I addition quite often when I press unlock car makes 3 beeps.
Old October 13th, 2009, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Alarm issue - randomly goes off and makes noise

I've had this problem under warranty on my '05 Malibu LS. They replaced and reprogrammed the fobs. Looking in my shop manual, it seems the problem is from the content theft deterrent (CTD) system. My car started doing this two years later off warranty and now I just lock the doors from the outside with the key or by pushing the lock stem buttons by hand on each door. The security option in the DIC needs to be set to RKE for this to work though.
Old March 7th, 2015, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Lightbulb Key FOBs

I had the same issues with my key FOB and I opened it up and changed the battery then I placed small pieces of Aluminum Foil over the push buttons where they will make contact and mine now work flawlessly, but this is just a temporary fix, they are getting worn out time to buy new ones I guess car is 11 years old.