Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2000 malibu dies while driving

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2009, 2:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 malibu dies while driving

i have a 2000 malibu with the 3.1 when im driving this car at steady speeds the egine just dies completly.you can let the car set for three or four mins then it will fire back up you drive it for another mile or so and it dies again.same thing over and over.i have put a fuel gauge on this car while driving and the fuel pressure stays the same like its supposed to.i have put a control module,crank sensor,new lower and upper intake gaskets,new rocker arm assemblys,new k&n air filter. but the car still does this.ive noticed alot of people online that own these cars are having the same problem.if anyone can help me figure out this i would be thankful for it.
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the soultion to the 2000 malibu dieing while driving

alright guys i have spent alot of money on this car trying to get it fix .ive changed the fuel pump,fuel filter,map sensor,temputure sensor,mass air sensor,and come to find out it was to sensors i didnt think about i changed the crank sensor and the camshaft position sensor and that was the problem the whole time.if anybody is have this problem just change those two sensors and the car will run fine this even takes care of the surging problem.if you have any questions just let me know.