Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2001 Malibu No Start - No Gauges

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2013, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Great website

Visiting my son-in-law in MI and he had this same problem. First he took it to a repair shop who "said" he put in a new ignition switch?? and charged $500!! Worked for a short time. Then when it recurred he bought a Newrockies. Didn't work so he returned it. Then I arrived and did the "re-learn" process several times which seemed to be taking, for a few hours!!! (next morning it wouldn't start again) So, I went to Radio Shack and spent ~ $4 for the 2200 ohm resistor pack and a European Style connector block for the by-pass trick. Again, seemed to work for only a few hours after re-learn. Then I found this post and the "Finally a cheap passlock fix" post and suspected the (new) ignition switch. So, I removed the black plastic cover over the contacts and voila, blackish contacts. Cleaned them with a screwdriver (ok, but even a q-tip or pencil eraser might have worked - I was too lazy to go get either). A few strokes and they were shiny. Car started perfectly every time since. Another post though said he had to it again in a year or so. Thanks EINst & jondoe28!!
Old October 8th, 2013, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help!!

Ok so this confuses me and I'm not sure what to do I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu and the car starts fine but the gauges don't like to register what should I do?
Old April 3rd, 2021, 12:28 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

What happens if the PCM ACC fuse is burnt out?? What should I do