Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2004 chevrolet malibu maxx tail light issue

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2015, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 chevrolet malibu maxx tail light issue

My tail lights stopped working, and I assumed it was the bulbs. I took the lamps apart to replace the bulbs and noticed they were fine. I then checked the rear fuse box, and noticed that the brown wire that connects to the tail lamps was pulled out from the back of the fuse panel. The crimp connection is still on it, it just looks like it pushed out of the hole on the back side of the fuse panel. I was trying to locate the correct hole for it to go into (I can see where the two green wires for the tail lamps go in), but I cant seem to find the right hole to push it back through. I noticed, on the back side of the fuse panel, there is a red 'connector' that those wires go into. Is it possible to remove this from the back of the fuse panel, so that I can fix the wire? I tried pulling it out by the four red tabs sticking out of the four corners, but was unable to remove it.

If this cant be removed, how can this be fixed? It doesnt appear the crimp connector broke, it just pulled out of the hole it goes into to make contact with the fuse.