Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2008 Malibu LTZ door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2019, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Malibu LTZ door lock issue

Hello,
I am having an issue with the door locks on my 2008 Chevy Malibu. I can not lock or unlock the doors using my key fob. The key fob works to open the trunk and I have tested the battery in the key fob so the key fob is functioning (to my knowledge). Also, I can not lock or unlock the doors using the lock switch on the driver's side door. I can only lock and unlock the doors using the lock switch on the passenger side. Could this be an issue with the door lock actuator on the driver side, an issue with the door lock switch on the driver's side, or something different? It has been this way for a while but now it is starting to affect other systems and issues. My TPMS light is on (repair to defective TPMS monitor has been completed) but it can't be reset due to the key fob being the source of starting the learning mode and the key fob is not functional due to issue with locks. So now I am not aware of what my tire pressures are without manually checking them which defeats the purpose of having a TPMS system. Has anyone had an experiences with this issue?
Old September 24th, 2023, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryngrhm
Hello,
I am having an issue with the door locks on my 2008 Chevy Malibu. I can not lock or unlock the doors using my key fob. The key fob works to open the trunk and I have tested the battery in the key fob so the key fob is functioning (to my knowledge). Also, I can not lock or unlock the doors using the lock switch on the driver's side door. I can only lock and unlock the doors using the lock switch on the passenger side. Could this be an issue with the door lock actuator on the driver side, an issue with the door lock switch on the driver's side, or something different? It has been this way for a while but now it is starting to affect other systems and issues. My TPMS light is on (repair to defective TPMS monitor has been completed) but it can't be reset due to the key fob being the source of starting the learning mode and the key fob is not functional due to issue with locks. So now I am not aware of what my tire pressures are without manually checking them which defeats the purpose of having a TPMS system. Has anyone had an experiences with this issue?
I am having the same issue, minus the tire pressure problem.