Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2010 Chevy Malibu OnStar Module Location

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2011, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in2pro, Thank you very much! I appreciate it.

EinST, Maybe I *might* agree if everyone who buys a GM car wasn't forced to have this module installed in their car. Have you read the news stories about GM reserving the right to monitor and sell information obtained from Onstar, including those users who do not subscribe? These cars still have many sophisticated anti-theft systems. If a thief is able to disable the other systems, he will certainly know where the Onstar module is located. As far as car jacking is concerned, it is my understanding that if the module is simply removed the car will not run. So again, If a carjacker, knows how to modify the car to run without the Onstar module, he most certainly knows where the thing is.

We all have a right to privacy! If GM won't provide an easy solution to remove/ disable this system for those of us who don't want it, we will be forced to share this information online.
Old October 28th, 2011, 8:21 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Keep in mind the module may not be exclusively for On-Star, you may loose other functionality such as bluetooth....
And while EinST's concern did give me pause, I tend to believe that anyone bent on stealing a particular vehicle WILL know how to defeat certain anti-theift features, but the common thug/dumb-***/ joy rider will not.
Old October 28th, 2011, 11:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those stories are old news. OnStar has backed off from the proposed changes. In any case, the option to call and opt out was always on the table.