Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2013 ECO Malibu - Check engine light HELP

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2018, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 ECO Malibu - Check engine light HELP

Hey everyone so my check engine light came on and I was about to bring it to the dealer and it went away. Now today it came back on again. I do notice my car about to “stall out” after coming to a complete stop and it’s in “auto stop” ...
So when I am stopped and it’s in “auto stop” I let off the break and give it gas, and you fell the car boggling ...and then my check engine light went out. Anyone else have this issue? Know what it could possibly be??? Please help !
Thabn you
Old November 1st, 2018, 3:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ARubbino
Hey everyone so my check engine light came on and I was about to bring it to the dealer and it went away. Now today it came back on again. I do notice my car about to “stall out” after coming to a complete stop and it’s in “auto stop” ...
So when I am stopped and it’s in “auto stop” I let off the break and give it gas, and you fell the car boggling ...and then my check engine light went out. Anyone else have this issue? Know what it could possibly be??? Please help !
Thabn you
Can you pull up some OBD II codes for us?
Old November 2nd, 2018, 7:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m not sure how to do that. Can that be done without going to an mechanic or autozone/pep boys where they can read check engine light codes? If not I will be heading there hopefully today or tomorrow to do that and will let you know
Old November 2nd, 2018, 10:33 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ARubbino
I’m not sure how to do that. Can that be done without going to an mechanic or autozone/pep boys where they can read check engine light codes? If not I will be heading there hopefully today or tomorrow to do that and will let you know
Yeah, PepBoys, AutoZone and Oriellys will read the codes for free. There is an OBD II plug under the drivers side dash. You just plug the reader in and turn the ignition key
to activate it. Go to stored codes or current codes and the code or codes will be on the screen.