Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2013 Malibu LTZ

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2013 | 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2013 Malibu LTZ

Sitting in the garage just purchased today. Need to share information as the available features and tech seems daunting. Not even sure what features we have. Any experienced LTZ owners out there??
Old June 28th, 2013 | 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

OK, not a lot of activity here (yet).

I am still discovering features of my LTZ that I did not even know I was getting......

One head scratch so far. It came with a backup camera. Good to have. I knew from a CNet car tech review that is was only a basic wide angle camera view with no guide lines or other help features. And that is how my camera is displaying. However on page 9-38 of the manual it talks about an option to turn on "Guidelines". Nice I said to myself. I just have to turn them on. Went to the menu option to do so and there is no such option.

I wonder why that made the manual but not the software? Wonder if GM would/could include that in a future software upgrade??
Old June 29th, 2013 | 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

I signed on to the GM Owners site and registered my 2010 Terrain and days owned 2013 Malibu LTZ. Useful site especially if you have OnStar and SiriusXM.

I am not sure when I would have been notified about this otherwise, but the site shows pending recalls and my new Malibu has a significant pending recall! Not a major issue, safety or otherwise, but it involves rewiring a hidden electrical harness hidden under the engine block. Apparently they have to drop the transmission to get to it. Not trivial mechanic wise!!

The recall is dated January 2013. That means my new vehicle has been sitting in limbo for at least 6 months (in transit and on the lot). Why would they not take care of such things before they sell the vehicle?? It there something logistically that would prevent that?

Yeah I know it is not going to cost me anything. But I'm sure it will mean we will be without the car for a day or more. Very inconvenient!!