Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2014 Chevy Malibu ambient sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2020, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Chevy Malibu ambient sensor issues

Hello, I hope everyone is staying well leading up to Christmas. It is cool here in Chicago but not too bad. So I have a 2014 Chevy Malibu that I purchased in January from a small dealer. I found several minor problems and it appears that it may have had several minor accidents. The issues are that when they replaced the front and rear bumpers they did not hook up the back up camera or license plate lights which once I figured that out it was easy to just reattach them. However the ambient sensor is missing on the front probably from them replacing the bumper and not putting in a new sensor. I see the location for the sensor in the lower grill area but I cannot find where the harness is comes from to attach once I am ready. Just looking for tips on where to find the existing harness. Not sure if they cut off and left elsewhere or what. Also my car display always gives me a reading of 90-110 degrees even if it is cold out. Not sure how it can give a reading if it is not attached to the sensor but guessing that maybe it just glitches and shows a random number. For example it is cold today and when I started the car it immediately read 94 degrees.