Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

accessory outlets not working

Old March 9th, 2011, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile accessory outlets not working

my accessory outlets are not working in my 2006 malibu..I have replaced the fuse in the trunk, and the # 34 relay in the engine fuse box and the # 20 fuse in the engine fuse box...I need help
Old March 9th, 2011, 3:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Have you tried having the vehicle diagnosed by your dealership? Even if you want to fix the vehicle yourself it would be a good starting point to work with getting the vehicle repaired. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 9th, 2011, 5:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RNKrissy
my accessory outlets are not working in my 2006 malibu..I have replaced the fuse in the trunk, and the # 34 relay in the engine fuse box and the # 20 fuse in the engine fuse box...I need help
I don't see "# 34 relay" and "# 20 fuse in the engine fuse box" having anything to do with the accessory power outlet on the 2006 Malibu. There are 60A RBEC fuses 22 and 23 that supply battery voltage to the rear compartment fuse block. In the latter, the Cig/Aux fuse 20 sits immediately upstream of both the cigarette lighter socket and accessory power outlet. If you have a multimeter, check the voltage at both ends of that fuse. Also, check the continuity between the metal barrel part of the power outlet and known chassis ground and then the voltage at the center electrode (careful not to short it to the barrel). Is the cigarette lighter socket working? Maybe the problem is with the gadget being plugged in?