Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Auto stop issues.

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2022, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto stop issues.

I know there has been posts about this before but They we’re a couple years old and didn’t actually say anything about a way to fix it. I am having troubles with my auto stop on my 2014 Chevy Malibu. When I stop at a light or stop sign auto stop kicks in (not everytime but enough for it to be a problem) and then it doesn’t want to restart. I’m wondering if there is a fuse for it I could remove or something? Main Battery is fine I just had it tested, and from my understanding the battery in the trunk wouldn’t have anything to do it with restarting. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

ps I don’t know **** about cars
Old July 1st, 2022, 8:51 AM
CF Monarch

Received 350 Likes on 331 Posts

Welcome from Florida. They are supposed to restart when you release the brake pedal. So I would check that first. Do your brake lights work?
Old September 8th, 2022, 12:01 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8rkidd2435
I know there has been posts about this before but They we’re a couple years old and didn’t actually say anything about a way to fix it. I am having troubles with my auto stop on my 2014 Chevy Malibu. When I stop at a light or stop sign auto stop kicks in (not everytime but enough for it to be a problem) and then it doesn’t want to restart. I’m wondering if there is a fuse for it I could remove or something? Main Battery is fine I just had it tested, and from my understanding the battery in the trunk wouldn’t have anything to do it with restarting. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

ps I don’t know **** about cars
I'd check the battery in the trunk to rule it out. You can defeat the auto-stop in three ways. Put the transmission into neutral; put it into the manual mode, or learn to feather the brake before you stop.

If you had your main battery tested by an auto store, they are notoriously bad in doing so. You need to have a professional technician for that. Do you know what Cold Cranking Amps your battery has left?