Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Can you disable Auto Stop

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2020, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you disable Auto Stop

I have a 2015 Malibu with the auto stop feature. I was wondering if there was anyway to permanently disable the feature, including taking out aa fuze, disconnecting the AUX battery in the trunk or any other means. I do not have a switch inside the car to stop it, and the system has been causing problems for me. When it restarts it shuts off the radio, disconnecting my phone which I use VIA bluetooth to play music and make phone calls when needed.

I am assuming the problem is that I need yet another Aux battery replacement which plain and simple just is not worth the cost. Those batteries cost more than a years worth of savings in fuel not to mention the hassle of having it go off all the time.

Thanks in advance.
Old January 21st, 2020, 10:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by LanceCothan
I have a 2015 Malibu with the auto stop feature. I was wondering if there was anyway to permanently disable the feature, including taking out aa fuze, disconnecting the AUX battery in the trunk or any other means. I do not have a switch inside the car to stop it, and the system has been causing problems for me. When it restarts it shuts off the radio, disconnecting my phone which I use VIA bluetooth to play music and make phone calls when needed.

I am assuming the problem is that I need yet another Aux battery replacement which plain and simple just is not worth the cost. Those batteries cost more than a years worth of savings in fuel not to mention the hassle of having it go off all the time.

Thanks in advance.
No way that I know of. I too have a 2015 Malibu. I have learned to keep a light pressure on the brake when stopping, which keeps the auto-stop from activating 90 percent of the time and saves my brakes lots of wear and tear. I really hate the power ports that don't allow you to charge things when the key is not in the ignition switch too.

You can bypass the auto-stop in two ways. Put the tranny in manual mode or in neutral before you stop works, and at long red lights, I put it in neutral anyhow, since I see no reason to waste gas and have the tranny in gear.