Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

electric power steering problem?

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2022, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric power steering problem?

My 2007 malibu lt 3.5 keeps going dead. About every 6 weeks the battery (and car) dies. Batt is a new delco unit and tests good. The alt. tests good (14.1)The starter tests good. I charge the batt and it runs fine. No lights on dash. Grounds checked. Something is draining the batt in a big hurry all of the sudden. Steering is good for the most part. It will lock under full throttle sometimes. It died yesterday (again) and the battery showed 9.4 volts. It's been in 2 good independent shops with no faults found. What's next?
Old September 5th, 2022, 9:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by shadetreemobile
My 2007 malibu lt 3.5 keeps going dead. About every 6 weeks the battery (and car) dies. Batt is a new delco unit and tests good. The alt. tests good (14.1)The starter tests good. I charge the batt and it runs fine. No lights on dash. Grounds checked. Something is draining the batt in a big hurry all of the sudden. Steering is good for the most part. It will lock under full throttle sometimes. It died yesterday (again) and the battery showed 9.4 volts. It's been in 2 good independent shops with no faults found. What's next?
Start unplugging things you don't need. My drain was a stuck engine compartment light. I don't need it so I chucked it.