Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Massive warter loss

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Massive warter loss

Ok so it's and 03 v6
Everytime I go to start my car I have to look at the water resavior , it is always low.
I fill it
It bubbles and then pushes out flakes of a black substance
The heater never pushes out hot air unless I am driving
Everytime i stop the car it gushes, literally gushes out the bottom of the engine
No knock, no water in oil, no milky substance in water resavior. No leaks anywhere else, and no over heating
Any thoughts? Please this is the car I use to take my husband to dialysis
I need this car, any help would be so very much so appreciated. He is only 34 and I have three kids who need their dad.
I can work on the car myself if I knew what it was. I just cannot diagnose it for some reason

Last edited by in2pro; March 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: corrected post title
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Need to get under vehicle or get it up off the ground so you can identify where the water is coming from...
Hopefully its something as simple as a hose that leaking....
Might want to verify that is not just coming out of the over flow hose if you are not experiencing any issues with overheating...
Check the radiator cap, make sure it is fully seated and in good working order...

The black flakes I suspect are just algae that has grown and dried up in the reservoir...
Old March 3rd, 2013, 2:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
Need to get under vehicle or get it up off the ground so you can identify where the water is coming from...
Hopefully its something as simple as a hose that leaking....
Might want to verify that is not just coming out of the over flow hose if you are not experiencing any issues with overheating...
Check the radiator cap, make sure it is fully seated and in good working order...

The black flakes I suspect are just algae that has grown and dried up in the reservoir...
What he said.