Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Need to sell 2010 Chevy Malibu LT

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2021, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to sell 2010 Chevy Malibu LT

My daughter recently got married and her husband is stationed in Hawaii. She is moving in a week to join him. She needs to sell her car (it’s under my name because she was 17 when we bought it for her). The car is in good condition cosmetically. The ABS light always shows and tire pressure light shoes because a couple of the sensors are out. Only main thing wrong with it is that stupid transmission issue 2010’s have. When you put it in reverse or drive, it takes about 3 seconds to get in gear proceed and every now and then (not constant) when acceleration a shift will stick and she’s had to pull over, put in park, then drive and proceed and it’s just fine. It was this way when we bought it from my boss and it was that way for them as well. I check recall on it and it wasn’t eligible for anything regarding it. So she’s just driven it that way since we bought it in 2018. It has 143000 miles on it. KBB gives her a private party value of 3800-4500. She has it listed for 4500. How realistic is it that it could sell for that? Or is she reaching? What would be the realistic price she will most likely need to settle for it? They could use the money. Including pics to show it’s cared for.