Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

New Blend Door Actuator - didn't fix the issue... any other suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2012, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Blend Door Actuator - didn't fix the issue... any other suggestions?

Hi

My 2004 Chevy Malibu started only blowing cold air on the passenger side and half the center fans. It was suggested by many, to change the actuator behind the glove box. I ordered the part and installed it. I was hoping it would fix the issue, and it did NOT fix the issue, and created another one. Now the dash and feet controls are reversed on the fan.. (dash blows feet and vice versa). I take care of my 84 year old dad and he has COPD and he can't travel in a car with the heat and no AC. I need to fix this and sure could use some help with this.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you so much!
Cindy
Old May 28th, 2012, 5:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Post New Blend Door Actuator - didn't fix the issue... any other suggestions?

Check the refrigerant and leakage of refrigerant from the system.
Old May 28th, 2012, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default Only works on one side though?

I have cold air on the passenger side, just not coming over to the drivers side.
Old May 28th, 2012, 9:29 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

I believe the systems that have individual controls for each side have 2 blend door actuators as it is a dual system. Not sure exactly how it is set up, but maybe you changed the wrong one.
Old May 28th, 2012, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dual Control?

I'm not sure what you mean dual control? I have one set of controls in the center of the dash. Is that what you mean?

Is it a blend door actuator behind the glove box?The odd thing is, when I went to get the part, the parts store here gave me the one on the drivers side, on the right side of the steering wheel by the radio area. I've seen that one called climate control. I'm not sure if I should go replace that one as well.

So, should I go up and get that actuator for the drivers side and see if that corrects the no AC on the driver side of the car?