Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

4T65E transmission four speed auto non HD for now, 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo need specs

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2013, 9:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4T65E transmission four speed auto non HD for now, 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo need specs

Does anyone know the torque specifications for the valve body side 4T65E, need all them leading back the the driven sprocket? Also was wondering if anyone has pictures or knows the location of the check ***** as I don't care to purchase a ATSG book on it? Not worth the money as I can find the old grooves after I have my transmission fully cleaned out. Plan to replace all solenoids. Check any problems lying back and then open the differential side and extension housing and make sure everything is within rated areas that GM states. Also plan to upgrade this to an HD model as if it is down then I minus well fix and take the time to make it nice and right. Does anyone also know any good sites other than Ebay, Amazon, Tripleedgeperformance or that, that can offer good prices on transmission (trans-axle) parts?