Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

97 Monte Carlo Won't Start. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2010, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Monte Carlo Won't Start. NEED HELP PLEASE!

I have a 97 Monte Carlo, 3.1L and it decided to not start back up after lunch yesterday when I was attempting to go back to work... Even after adding some gas to make sure I didn't somehow run out of gas, it still wouldn't start. When i turn the ignition, it rolls over but doesn't seem to ignite any fuel. First thing first, I checked to make sure I was getting a spark, and I was. So I'm guessing a fuel issue? Next, I checked the fuel pump. I was told that the fuel pump should turn on for about 10 seconds after turning the key to accessory, and if I could hear it turn on, the fuel pump should be in running condition. Surely enough, I could hear the humming of the fuel pump when I turned the key. From there, I'm stuck. I was told that it may be a fuel injector that went out and possibly caused the others to stop running as well. Looking for any advice on what to check next or any possible solutions! Thanks!