Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

98 Lumina blower motor

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Lumina blower motor

So my blower motor on my 98 Lumina was a little loud, it made a vibration sound when I would turn it on high and I could feel the vibration in the steering wheel. I figured it was time to just replace it since it's only $39 for a new one. I replaced it and I can still hear the vibration a little and I can feel it in the steering wheel when I turn it on high. Is this just a normal thing for the 98 Lumina, or did I get another bad fan? I wouldn't think a blower motor would vibrate at all unless there's something wrong with it??
Old November 19th, 2009, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default blower motor

I have one with the same problem. Hope somone has a good answer.Does it take much to replace the blower?
Old November 19th, 2009, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default removal

Hi,

The blower motor is on the passenger side below the glove compartment. Remove the gray dash insulator panel (it's where your feet would be on the passenger side). You will see the blower motor in the far back. Remove the 3 screws and disconnect it from the wire, and voila. It was very difficult to remove the far right screw that is sitting next to the padding though!