Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

rear speakers for 98 monte carlo

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2009, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool rear speakers for 98 monte carlo

Hey guy's, mark here. I'm a new member and sure need help. How do I remove rear deck of my 98 monte carlo? Need to install new set of 6x9's.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

You will need to remove the back seat. Its easy, there are two 13mm bolts along the front edge of the seat bottom. Remove those, push the seat belt latches down through the seat and slide the seat bottom out. Then the seat back comes out if you take the 10mm bolts out. There are 3 along the bottom of the seat back. Fold the seat back down and there are two bolts under the felt that covers the edge of the hole from the cabin into the trunk. You need to unclip the felt from the sheetmetal and they are under there. Once they are out you can pull out the seat back. Then the rear deck panel slides forward and comes out. You need to slide the seat belts out of their slots in the rear deck panel. Once the deck panel is out, you can access the speakers. Remove the 4 7mm screws on each speaker, pull them out and unplug them. Done.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Hey mrl390, thanks for the reply. Will do ASAP.