Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

coil pack connectors

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2012, 6:59 PM
ant
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil pack connectors

how many connectors does the coil pack have? i think i see two connectors connected to it. one on the left and one on the right. but on the left side of it(left side of vehicle) i see two spaces for connectors. the one plugged in is a 5 wire connector and then besides it there is a spot for a 3 pin connector which i cant find for some reason, i did the intake manifold gaskets on it but left it sit for a month so kinda forgot. where can i start from to trace where the wire comes from and in the end find the end of the connector and connect it in the coil pack. i tried to main harness that goes to the intake and throttle pos. sensor etc and it doesnt look like its part of that harness. thanks everyony
Old September 10th, 2012, 1:18 AM
CF Beginner

Hi ant, i am new here too. this place is kind of dead. at least my recent thread is. What type of car do you have? Not sure how to answer without knowing what type of engine you got going on my 95 lumina there are 3 coil packs. I just replaced one today that was causing a misfire. It has 2 connecters on each coil pack.
Old April 17th, 2013, 2:08 AM
CF Beginner

the one on the passenger side is power and ground to ignition module(sitting under coil pack)
on the driver side the one with two wire(closer to fire wall is from CPS(crank position sensor)

the other one with five or six(if you have the tachometer) is for
in order from fire wall lats say #1,the #2,3,,4,5,6,7 as you going away from fire wall towards front of ENG are
1-TAN with BLACK stripe wire. 5 Volt Reference from ECM (above 400 RPM's).
2-WHITE wire. ECM control signal for Ignition Module (above 400 RPM's).
3- WHITE wire. Tach signal (IF EQUIPPED WITH TACHOMETER).
4-Empty. No circuit exists.
5-PURPLE with WHITE stripe wire. Fuel control circuit.
6-RED with BLACK stripe (or TAN with BLACK stripe) wire. Ground circuit for ECM.