Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

Hello and a few issues

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2013, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello and a few issues

Hi, I'm new here and I have two issues I'd like to put out there. I had my column wiring harness catch fire recently due to a short in my high beam wiring somewhere between the switch and the now empty high beam factory headlight plugs. The second I switch on the high beams from the factory dimmer switch, the big 20 amp fuse under the hood ROASTS, Not pops, ROASTS lol. I built a new high beam wiring harness complete with relays and plugs, everything. Totally stand alone, powered off the alternator. Now even though the high beams are disconnected, if I pull the high beam switch it will still blow that fuse, killing my high and low beams. Other than that, the low beams work perfectly. So what I'd like to know if any one knows how to hook up the factory high beam switch with the 3 wires, yellow, green and tan to a standard 2 wire connection (like a regular switch). Otherwise I will wind up mounting a standard two pole switch. I also put in a new wiring harness in the column, complete with new high beam switch, so the short isn't in that, even with that the fuse pops. I'm ok with the stand alone harness I built, I'd just like to use the factory switch to activate it.

My second issue is with the AC and general vent output. Its weak at best and I keep hearing about broken vacumn lines. Anybody have any in depth diagrams or ideas on these two issues? Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Bigbronx72; February 27th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old March 4th, 2013, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

I hear crickets lol.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

UPDATE! Ok got it!

Last edited by Bigbronx72; March 17th, 2013 at 3:48 PM.