Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

TPMS Issue

Old September 12th, 2018, 6:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Issue

Hello there. My TPMS system has lost its mind. First, it would not accept the relearn the last time I rotated the tires. Now, it's showing blank on all four tires.

I'm assuming this is just the module. Is it the one under the dash on the driver's side, or is it somewhere else? I'm confused.
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

maybe bad tpm sensors in the tires...how old are they? the tpm batteries have a lifespan.
Old September 13th, 2018, 3:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tech2
maybe bad tpm sensors in the tires...how old are they? the tpm batteries have a lifespan.
All four at exactly the same time?
Old September 13th, 2018, 8:52 PM
Super Moderator

no idea what your driving so hard to say specifics.
if your module uses a rcdlr…. the rcdlr module is used for all remote.wireless functions. the other wireless functions work correct...so I doubt its the module..check for codes in the module.

if I had to guess without having a code to follow for diagnostics....have all four sensors registered and see if they begin working...any that don't...replace them.
Old September 13th, 2018, 9:17 PM
Banned

if your module uses a rcdlr…. the rcdlr module is used for all remote.wireless functions. the other wireless functions work correct...so I doubt its the module..check for codes in the module.

if I had to guess without having a code to follow for diagnostics....have all four sensors registered and see if they begin working...any that don't...replace them.
Um...my username is "07ssman." I'm on the Monte Carlo page. What am I driving?

Also, I never said all other functions were working. The remote lock/unlock works when it wants to. It was so bad at one point I bought a replacement remote, which wouldn't code itself to the car. Which is another reason I think it's the module.

The remote start has never worked. Which is ANOTHER reason I think it's the module.

I'm just trying to get confirmation that it's the same module. Can someone please either confirm or contradict this?
Old September 13th, 2018, 9:19 PM
Banned

Also, how does one "register" the sensors?
Old November 16th, 2018, 5:35 PM
Banned

Can I PLEASE get an answer for my question? Is the TPMS module the little white one under the dash, or is it somewhere else?
Old November 17th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe someone can check service information...all they need is last 8 of the vin or model year and engine.

Last edited by tech2; November 17th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Banned

Maybe someone can check service information...all they need is last 8 of the vin or model year and engine.
Which still doesn't answer my question. Service information isn't going to tell me anything if the module has never been serviced. All I need to know is WHERE IT IS.
Old November 17th, 2018, 5:45 PM
Super Moderator

Service information would tell me where it is....do you think I know where every module is for every car? The first thing service information asks for is make model year engine...and then the service information opens for that build.... U GET IT YET!

Search this Thread