Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

Wheel Bearing Issues

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2010, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Bearing Issues

I just had the bearing on the front passenger side wheel replaced within the last two months and now the bearing is going bad again. My mechanic said that the part might have been faulty. And while I can understand that, I want to make sure that there are no other reasons that the bearing might be going bad. I don't want to make another repair and be in the same boat in two to three months again. I know and trust my mechanic and watched him put the new bearing on. Any Ideas?
Old November 3rd, 2010, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also replaced my bearing about a month ago , and it sounds as if its going bad once again. I know that i need an alignment + a new rack and pinoin and im pretty sure thats why its going bad, so check you steering system, even the slightest offset will throw off your hub bearing.
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no, its was probably a rebuilt hub bearing and not a new one. or it was from a bad cast, or it was installed sloppily. Either way there is nothing that can make it fail prematurely besides being low quality.