New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

2016 Express 6.0L issues

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2020, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Express 6.0L issues

Good morning folks. Having an issue with my work van, been going on 2 weeks now. Im down and cannot work and hoping i might get some help here. I got a 2016 Express van 1-ton with a 6.0L 58K miles. Ill start from the beginning of my issues.

I fueled up with gas a while back and was headed home after a day of work. Upon climbing a medium size hill in my neighborhood, the van started sputtering like it was running out of gas. After i got on flat ground, it seemed to smooth out. Thought this as very odd. Parked for a few hours and attempted to drive. Made it out my driveway and almost immediately had the sputtering hesitation again with a CEL finally illuminating, turned back and parked.

Codes came back as P0174 and P0171 lean fuel conditions.

Parked overnight and tried again in the morning. Wouldnt start. The more i tried starting it the more it seemed like itd fire off. Finally got it to run but terrible sputtering and acting like it was dying. As it was running like this, got under and beat on the fuel tank, and it reved right up. Stopped beating and itd die off.....fuel pump is my thought.

Took to a local shop to diagnose, and they came up with the same diagnosis. So they swapped in a new pump. Called me yesterday morning and said its done, come pick up. Upon driving home (after topping off fuel), CEL again, and again running like garbage. Made it home luckily. But now i have new codes popping up.

P0174, P0171, P2099, P2097, P0157

Tried starting this morning, and again, wouldnt start until i tried a dozen or more times, now it sits out idling, seems ok, but i know its not.

Any thoughts? I have an appointment with the dealership in a couple days but would like to hear opinions.