New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

3rd 4l60e in 2 months any help out there

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2020, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd 4l60e in 2 months any help out there

hi.i have a 03 Silverado z71 i recently installed a stage 3 truck cam and installed a 3600 stall torque converter. And been tuned on dyno.anyways iv been burning threw transmissions left and right and there only a couple weeks old when they go out. So the one frm autozone went out twice then got one from jegs that supports more horses.i down graded to a tci 3000 stall converter. I installed aftermarket cooler with powerful fan on it replaced all the cooling lines and this transmission is slipping and i got a transmission to hot message. Its also been making a ringing noise when i press on throttle its not loud but has been getting louder and my other transmission started making that noise as well b4 it went out. But i drove it for about 10 min today and it was shifting great and i was on it pretty hard.but i know it will do it again what else could be wrong.why are the transmissions go out so fast?any help would be so appreciated im so tired of pulling this tranny out & cant enjoy my truck anymore.thanks
Old August 2nd, 2020, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am by no means an expert on this subject but I had been reading into a 4l80e swap to handle more stress. Have you looked into that? And what kind of motor does it have?